Located about 32 miles (51km) east of Salt Lake City, Utah, or about 35 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLT), Park City Mountain Resort is one of the best Ski Resorts in the Western US. With the recent merger of two iconic ski resorts by the Quicksilver Gondola—Park City and Canyons—Park City is now known as the largest Ski Resort in the United States. The whole area now operates as one giant resort called Park City Mountain Resort with Canyons referred to as “Canyons at Park City”.
Park City Mountain Resort offers more than 300+ trails across 7300 Acres of ski-able terrain with 41 lifts, 8 terrain parks, 14 bowls, 6 natural half pipes, a super pipe and a mini pipe. It also has a variety of ski-in and ski-out properties throughout the resort to make Park City one of the most easily accessible mountain destinations in the world.
How to Get There
[read more=”Click here to Read More” less=”Read Less”]
Tips and Tricks
- If you’re going to Park City Mountain Resort to wake up early and immediately get on the slopes, stay in the Canyons Base Area, as they have the best ski-in/ski-out lodging options available. However, they don’t have much to offer when it comes to shops, nightlife, or dining.
- If you’re going to Park City Mountain Resort with a more relaxed approach to skiing or snowboarding, stay closer to Main Street, the heart of Park City Proper. It’s harder to get to the mountain from the city, but the famous Town Lift from Main Street can get you there.
- There’s an excellent, free bus system and hotel shuttles are available throughout the resort. You’ll never really need to call a taxi, but Uber is also available.
- The best way to “conquer” the resort as a local is to take a shuttle or park your car at Canyons where there’s ample parking, ski to the west to main base area, have some apres-ski and dinner in town, and then take the shuttles back to Canyons.
- Park City is also a part of the Vail Resorts network of Mountain Resorts like Whistler-Blackcomb and Breckenridge. So if you plan on coming a few days, look into purchasing an Epic Pass.
Park City Mountain Resort: At a Glance
|Location||Park City, UT|
|Nearest Major City||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Vertical||975 m (3,200 ft)|
|Top Elevation||3,048m (10,000 ft)|
|Base Elevation||2,103m (6,900 ft)|
|Skiable area||7,300 acres (2,954 ha)|
23 – Beginner
159 – Intermediate
142 – Advanced
|Lift system||41 total|
6 high-speed six-pack chairlift
9 high-speed quad chairlifts
3 magic carpet
|Lift capacity||31000 skiers/hr|
|Snowfall||90 m/year (355 in.)|